If you’re like me, you’d rather be on the mountain than inside of a mall trying to find the perfect gifts for everyone on your Christmas list. So, I’ve teamed up with a bunch of my favorite bloggers to share with you a few of our favorite things. Hopefully, this will help you get a jump- start on your holiday shopping or give you an excuse to order everything online.
I discovered Skhoop last season and I’m so in love. I love the cozy snug fit of their down jacket. It’s perfect for layering or wearing as an outer layer on those cold winter days. Stay tuned for a gear review, or order one right here.
I’ve been hiking all summer and all fall with this fancy Deuter daypack. It’s the first pack I’ve owned that is specifically made for a woman’s body and it fits me perfectly. I like that it’s a woman’s pack but isn’t all pink and purple and girly. Stay tuned for a gear review, or order one right here.
I love Dirty Girl Gaiters because they donated 12 pairs of gaiters for our Hike2015 Challenge last summer. I also love them because my Dirty Girl gaiters are pretty darn awesome. I love that they keep the dirt and small pebbles out of my shoes plus it’s hard to feel angry or annoyed or frustrated when you’re wearing something so funky and fun! Check out a review of these gaiters http://hikelikeawoman.net/2015/10/dirty-girl-gaiters-gear-review/here or order a pair here.
My husband and I constantly fight over who gets to take out our GSI commuter java press. He uses it for coffee, I use it for loose leaf tea. So yah, this suggestion is for my husband…I want my own java press for Christmas 😉 Check out a review here or order a java press right here.
When it comes to hauling kids up and down mountains the Ribz frontpack has seriously been a game changer for me. I love being able to have everything that I need comfortable nestled up against my chest and easy to access. This is one of my favorite pieces of gear ever. Hands down. Check out a review here or order one here.
I’ve tried just about every type of headband on the market and nothing compares to a plain ‘ole original Buff. Plus it has so many other uses…everything from emergency kleenex to a camping pillow if you stuff it with clothing. I’m a Buff girl, grab one here.
If you live in a cold, snowy place and you’re looking for a pair of running or hiking shoes with mega traction check out Icebugs. They are such a clever product, I love it when the streets are snow covered so I feel like I have a good excuse to wear mine. Check out a review here or shop here.
When I purchased my first down skirt a few winter’s ago I thought the concept of an insulated skirt seemed pretty crazy. But own I own 5 of them in varying lengths and insulation levels. From mid-November to March you’ll find me wearing a down skirt…even if I’m not outside. The Skhoop short down skirt is my favorite for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Shop for one (or five) right here.
I’m kind of into gaiters. I think they are rad. I really like my Tubbs gaiters it comes to trudging my way through deep snow. Or even when I don’t really need gaiters but just want to wear them anyway. You can buy a pair here or….enter to win a pair of snowshoe gaiters right here!
Here are a few other awesome holiday gear guides that I recommend checking out and a handy- dandy slideshow to forward on to Santa.
- Rain or Shine Mamma – Holiday Gift Ideas for the Outdoorsy Kid + GIVEAWAYS
- Family Adventures in the Canadian Rockies – Holiday Gift Guide for Winter Hiking and Snowshoeing (with GIVEAWAYS)
- Rockies Girl – 2015 Gift Guide for Outdoor Families
- Outdoors Mom – A Gift Guide For The “OutdoorsMom”
- Wild Tales Of – 2015 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Young Traveler and Outdoor Adventurer
- Tales of a Mountain Mama – Gift Guide for Outdoor Families 2015 + Giveaways
- Play Outside Guide – Outdoor Lovers Holiday Gift Guide & Giveaway
- AdventurousParents.com – 5 Gift Ideas for Outdoorsy and On-The-Go Toddlers
- Brave Ski Mom – The 2015 BSM Holiday Gift Guide for Skiers and Snowboarders
- Go Adventure Mom – The Big Holiday Giveaway
- Mountain Mom and Tots – Best Gear of the Year + Links to Holiday Gift Guides
- OutdoorsyMama – 15 Things Your Outdoorsy Mama REALLY Wants for the Holidays! Gift Guide
- RockiesChick – Holiday guide for the little explorers
- Wilder Child – Unique and Handmade Holiday Gifts for Your Little Nature Lover
- Nature for Kids – Rad Gifts For Outdoorsy Kids
- Moms Who Hike- Holiday Gear Guide
Note: Some of these are affiliate links. Some of them aren’t. Shopping through them costs nothing for you but helps to offset the cost of this blog a little bit. Thanks.
What gifts are you giving to loved ones this year? Anything you just can’t wait to put under the tree?
- Join over 200 awesome hikers and subscribe to our monthly newsletter! You’ll get a FREE copy of my e-book and an awesome update once a month with special deals, offers and a sneak peak into what’s going on behind the scenes. I won’t spam you. I promise.
- Did you like this post? Spread the word and share it with a friend. Curious about where to find more? Check out Just Trails for trail information in Southeastern Wyoming and Northern Colorado. If you hike with kids join our kid-friendly outdoor community at Moms Who Hike.
- Or chat with me directly by sending an email to rebecca (at) justtrails (dot) com