Meet Amanda Mills.
Amanda is an outdoor woman, a backcountry rider, an artisan, a creative and a lover of dogs. You can learn more about Amanda on her website at www.backcountryhorseman.com. She also just happens to be a Hike Like A Woman Ambassador and I love having her on our team.
You can listen to our interview right here and check out our show notes below. I do have to apologize, the audio is a little choppy at times (ugh, technology) and the last few minutes of the interview got cut off and I can’t access them right now to update but I will next week. Regardless, I think you will enjoy the podcast.
- 3:30 Filling a void in the information gap for backcountry horseman.
- 5:30 A shout-out to State Forest State Park & the Rawah Wilderness Area in Colorado
- 8:00 On being a hiker and a rider
- 10:00 What it felt like to leave her mountain home during the Big Thompson Canyon flood and being homeless for several months.
[Tweet@13,000 feet with her dog on the @hikelikeawoman #podcast”]
- 17:00 Coloradeaux Crafts! Go get yourself some nature inspired jewelrey.
- 20:00 Why Isabella Bird was a total badass
- You can find Amanda here: Backcountry Horseman
- Subscribe to the Hike Like A Woman Podcast here
- Places Mentioned: State Forest State Park, Rawah Wilderness Area
Today’s show is sponsored by the 365-mile challenge. If you’re looking for a way to get outdoors and move for 365 miles in 2017 this event is for you. I know this because I’m not only participating in it but I’ve teamed up with 4 other outdoor bloggers and several outdoor brands to create and sponsor the challenge. I hope you’ll join me in making 2017 epic by participating. You can learn more at www.365milechallenge.org. The event starts tomorrow so go sign up and join over the over 370 awesome adventurers who signed up during our preregistration period.