Meet Jennifer Fontaine.
Check out my interview with her right here (and please excuse the traffic noise in the background, Jennifer did this interview while traveling. She’s one busy lady!)
If you don’t have time to listen to the entire show right now here are the show notes with timestamps so you can skip ahead if you need to.
- 1:30: Jennifer talks about the inspiration behind Outdoor Families Magazine.
- 7:00: Getting outdoor retailers involved in producing clothing and gear for outdoor families
- 9:40: Jennifer’s childhood.
- 11:00: Balancing small business ownership with life
- 13:30: The first step to getting outdoors with your child is just to do it.
- 16:20: Jennifer recommends the book The War of Art by Steven Pressfield. It’s the book that “keeps her going.”
- 18:00: Zucchini Fritters, Jennifer says that they are easy to make…but I’m still terrified by the recipe 😉
- 20:00: I’d tell my 12-year-old self to love who you are.
- You can find Jennifer at Outdoor Families Magazine & Mommy Hiker
- Learn more about the Hike Like A Woman Podcast here.
- Subscribe to the Hike Like A Woman Podcast on iTunes here.
- Brands Mentioned: Columbia Sportswear
- Book Mentioned: The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Jennifer’s Bio: Travel writer, editor of MommyHiker.com and founder of Outdoor Families Magazine, Jennifer Fontaine strives to enrich the lives of families by providing unparalleled, award-winning outdoor and adventure related content meant to inspire a connection to, participation in and stewardship of the natural world. As a contributor to numerous online news and magazine sites such as Parents.com, Shape.com and Examiner.com, she is acknowledged as one of the top social influencers and content providers in the outdoor travel and family travel sectors.