Meet Lisa Munniksma
Lisa is a hiker, a wanderer, a writer and a world traveler.
Her adventures have taken her from Turkey to Italy, Puerto Rico and beyond.
She’s even worked on a Horse Farm in England.
You can listen to the show here and check out our show notes below. But…I do have to apologize. In two or three places the audio is a little bit scratchy.
It’s like we were getting into a fight with a giant alley cat. But we weren’t, of course. I’m not sure what happened there but hang in there, each scratchy segment only lasts a few seconds.
- 2:20 Why Lisa enjoys writing about food and horses, and travel. You can also find her writing on Civil Eats, Hobby Farms Magazine & Website.
- 5:30 On embarrassing promotional videos.
- 9:00 Why Italy won Lisa’s heart.
- 11:30 On being a solo female traveler.
- 15:00 Being able to work in Puerto Rico this winter.
- 21:00 Why Lisa has a flask in her pack.
- 24:00 Coconut vegetable curry (get the recipe), and negotiating outdoor time instead of homework after school as a child.
- You can find Lisa here
- Subscribe to the Hike Like A Woman Podcast here
- Book Mentioned: Depletion And Abundance by Sharon Astyk
(note: this post contains affiliate links, shop away…the few pennies that we earn from affiliates help fund our Ambassador program)
Today’s show is sponsored by the 365-mile challenge. If you’re looking for a way to get outdoors and move for 365 miles in 2017 this event is for you. I hope you’ll join me and make 2017 healthy and fun by participating. You can learn more at www.365milechallenge.org.
If you enjoyed today’s show and want to learn more head on over to www.hikelikeawoman.net/podcast. Be sure to subscribe on stitcher, iTunes or SoundCloud so you never miss an episode. Be sure to leave us an honest review on iTunes to help others find the show.