Meet Michelle Long.
Michelle is a dear friend of mine. I consider her and a few other of my Hike Like A Woman Ambassadors to be my mentors in life and the outdoors, so you know she’s a pretty special lady.
Michelle started hiking in 2010 so she’s relatively new to the outdoors and a great example to me of someone who works hard, hikes far, and lives a life full of kindness.
Enjoy the show!
- 2:30 Why you need to visit Knoxville, Tennessee.
- 8:00 Enjoying “intimate moments of grandeur” in the mountains.
- 11:00 Why hiking groups and clubs are so important.
- 12:30 Why we all need a woman like Dawn in our lives.
- 20:00 On deep and lasting friendships developed on the trail.
- 29:50 “There’s always something new to learn.”
- 35:00 On fostering dogs.
- 39:00 I would tell my 12-year-old self to go to therapy now!
Today’s show is sponsored by my very first e-book, How To Hike With Kids.
If you have a kid in your life I have a book to recommend.
That book is called How To Hike With Kids, and I wrote it and published it myself because I couldn’t find a good book about hiking with kids that was useful for my hiking style. So like any good parent (muah hahaha) I used my own children as test subjects for the techniques mentioned in the book.
We spent hundreds and maybe even thousands of miles on the trail researching and finding out how best to hike with kids. This book is a compilation of trail tested tips and advice on how to hike with children of all ages. You can check out this 5-star review on Amazon!
If you enjoyed today’s show and want to learn more head on over to www.hikelikeawoman.net/podcast. Be sure to subscribe on stitcher, iTunes or SoundCloud so you never miss an episode. Be sure to leave us an honest review on iTunes to help others find the show.