Meet Whitney Klenzendorf.
Whitney is an outdoor woman who is passionate about helping women who are new to the outdoors and outdoor Veterans develop the knowledge and courage to lace up their boots and get out on a trail.
Whitney is also an avid hunter and in our conversation, you’ll hear her perspective on guns, gun safety and shooting, so even if guns aren’t your thing I encourage you to listen I still think you’ll enjoy this interview.
Enjoy the show!
- 3:00 Why important for outdoor women to encourage each other and provide mentorship and guidance.
- 5:00 Why girls need to learn how to shoot.
- 7:00 Backpacking in the Sierra Nevada, you can read about this adventure here.
- 14:00 Why gun safety is so important, and what game laws provide for us.
- 17:00 In Texas hunting funds wildlife conservation.
- 21:00 Whitnye’s thoughts on doing it all.
- 23:00 Why Whitney wants to hike with Jenna Bush Hager
- 26:00 Be nice to others and don’t submit to peer pressure, what Whitney would tell her 12-year-old self.
You can find Whitney at http://whitswilderness.com/.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook. I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.