Welcome to a surprise episode of the Hike Like A Woman Podcast!
Meet Samantha Odom, the founder of Lady Hike. Lady Hiking is an amazing apparel company for women hikers and in this interview, we’ll talk about the struggles and joys of entrepreneurship. It’s a must-listen to any woman who envisions launching an outdoor brand.
Enjoy the show
- 5:13 “Being out on the trail is really peaceful,” says Samantha. “We heal a lot on the trail.”
- 10:00 Everything you need to know about Lady Hike
- 11:20 Lady Hike for pregnant and nursing Mamas.
- 13:00 From a homemade jean skirt to Lady Hike
- 16:46 “I don’t own pants, I love being feminine,” Samantha. “Dresses are made for us.”
- 21:40 The best thing about Lady Hike is the women who are excited about Lady Hike, it reignites Samantha’s passion.
- 26:00 Samantha loves hiking with her family, don’t tell anyone but it’s almost like going on a date with her husband.
- 34:00 Samantha’s thoughts on motherhood.
- 38:00 “I would tell my 12-year-old self to dream really big and think for myself.”
“You create your own reality when you believe in yourself so I tell myself to go for it…dream big,”
-Samantha Odom, founder of Lady Hike
You can find Samantha here: www.ladyhike.com
Support the Lady Hike Kickstarter here: https://www.ladyhike.com/kickstarter/…Kickstarter goes live tonight at 5 pm MST.
Samantha recommends the book, The Red Tent, you can support the podcast in a small way by purchasing it through our Amazon affiliate program.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.
If you enjoyed today’s show and want to learn more head on over to www.hikelikeawoman.net/podcast.
Do you know that we have a weekly newsletter? Well, we do and it’s rad. We consolidate all of our current giveaways into one convenient place, highlight the adventures of our readers, and give you the latest behind the scenes here at HLAW Headquarters.
We’re now sending our newsletter out every Sunday…so if you’d like to hear from us once/week (except this week because we’re taking a little holiday break) click this link to sign up.