We’ve partnered with REI to show the world that outdoor women are indeed a #ForceOfNature. Nicole is one such woman and I think you’re going to love our conversation today!
Meet Nicole Atkins.
I actually discovered Nicole through an awesome article that she wrote abut sex in the outdoors and I fell in love with her writing style, her sense of humor and her her ability to go where most bloggers are too scared to go.
Now Nicole is a big fan of cheese, so we do talk a lot about cheese in this interview too.
I hope you enjoy my chat with Nicole, I think you’ll see that she’s pretty rad.
- 8:00 “Academia is the best way to ruin your writing.”
- 10:00 Sex in the outdoors and why we should talk about it.
- 13:30 On getting engaged.
- “I have something awesome for you”- Nicole’s fiancé
- “Please tell me it’s cheese,” Nicole.
- And then she got engaged (there was no cheese involved).
- 16:15 The reflective state that occurs when backpacking.
- 19:15 Edward Abbey, and why we love him.
- 22:00 Cheese and what cheese to take backpacking.
- 26:00 On the lack of guidance as a child and how it turned into a strength as an adult.
- 30:00 The importance of community.
Note: This post does contain a few affiliate links, we use all the funds earned through affiliates to support our Ambassador Team so thank you so much for supporting HLAW by shopping through our affiliates.
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.