Met Shawn Jardine.
Shawn is a single mother of two grown boys who had a life changing experience on the Camino de Santiago in 2014 and she’s here to tell her story.
I hope that it inspires you to do something bold and courageous.
Enjoy our conversation.
Quick note: our internet connection was a little buggy so there are about 5 places where our conversation pauses for less than 30 seconds. Hang tight, the audio will come back. I didn’t want to edit out all of the pauses because in some cases the dialog before and after the pause was an important part of Shawn’s story. Enjoy!
- 3:00 Shawn admits to being really not that “outdoorsy.”
- 6:00 When you don’t want to see castles and museums anymore start international trekking!
- 23:00 The Calendar Girls.
- 26:00 The emotional experience she hopes to have with her son.
- 32:00 I would tell my 12-year-old self to stop caring so much about trying to make people like you by being an overachiever.
Find Shawn here:
- Camino de Santiago
- Movie: The Way
- Books Mentioned: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Pride & Prejudice
(Note: this podcast does contain a few amazon affiliate links. Shopping through our Amazon store doesn’t cost you anything and helps fund our Ambassador program. Thank you for your support!
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.