Meet my friend Amelia.
You might already know her from her amazingly awesome website, Tales Of A Mountain Mama. If you don’t I’m happy to introduce you to her.
But what you probably don’t know about her is that she’s the mother of (almost) 5, some of the secrets of living in Yellowstone National Park, and the fact that she hated outdoor adventure as a child.
Today our conversation is special because we talk a lot about traveling throughout Wyoming and Montana.
You can find Amelia at Tales of a Mountain Mama and all over social media and I hope that you enjoy our conversation.
- 3:50 Shout out to the Outdoor Mom Academy and 365 Mile Challenge!
- 7:20 On wildlife in her backyard and teaching children to respect nature.
- 12:30 On visiting the amazing places around your own home and finding local hidden gems.
- 16:10 Affordable weekend destinations in Montana.
- 18:00 Alaska!
- 21:00 “I hated the outdoors as a kid.”
- 26:20 On raising tough but girly daughters.
- Yellowstone National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Grand Teton National Park/ Jenny Lake
- Virginina City / Nevada City Montana
- Helena Montana. Read about Amelia’s recent trip to Helena here.
- Matanuska-Susitna Valley, Alaska
- Hatcher Pass, Alaska
- Chilkoot Trail, Alaska
Event Mentioned: The Man Gulch Fire
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.