Meg is a Colorado woman who is in the process of quitting her job to pursue her dream. On today we chat about a trek to Nepal and what it did to inspire her to follow her dreams.
You can follow Meg’s adventures on her website www.foxintheforest.net
I loved our conversation and I hope you do too, but I did notice that our audio quality isn’t as awesome as it usually is because I recorded the entire interview without my microphone plugged in….so hang in there, Meg’s audio quality is awesome and she’s the one you really want to list to anyway.
Enjoy the show!
- 6:00 Getting left behind a gnarly trail by her boyfriend (and why she’s not with him anymore)
- 8:00 Feeling like “I’m a bad hiker”
- 12:00: Trekking in Nepal and how Meg prepared
- 14:00 Flying into Lukla, Kathmandu
- 17:00 How to choose a guide
- 24:00 On acute mountain sickness
- 29:00 On forcing herself to let go and do things that scare her
Guide mentioned: Trekking Planner Nepal
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multi-task by listening as I work.
Do you know that we have a weekly newsletter? It’s where we consolidate all of our current giveaways into one convenient place, highlight the adventures of our readers, and give you the latest behind the scenes here at HLAW Headquarters.
We’re now sending our newsletter out every Sunday…so if you’d like to hear from us once/week click this link to sign up.