Mickey is a Wyoming-based mother of 4. She’s a military wife, fitness professional, hiker, and mother of an autistic child. On today’s show, we talk about how nature sustains her and her family through difficult times. You might have read a post she wrote for us earlier this week, if not you can check it out here.
We’ve also just selected Mickey to join our Hike Like A Woman Ambassador team.
You can also find Mickey at hikeitmomma.com.
I hope you enjoy my conversation with her.
- 10:00 Nature is my fortress, I want it to be a fortress for my children.
- 12:00 Bundle them up and take them outside.
- 17:00 How to train for backpacking and climbing 14ers.
- 26:00 Why she likes Nicholas Sparks’ books.
- 29:00 How being hit by a drunk driver at the age of 14 defeated her and how she pushed through.
Check out our gear guide: https://hikelikeawoman.net/magazinegear/
Today’s show is sponsored by Audible. If I’m not listening to a podcast, I’m listening to an audiobook.
I devour audiobooks while I drive my car to and from interesting hiking destinations, clean my house, fix dinner, do the dishes, fold laundry and workout. There are so many good books that I want to read and I feel a lot more productive when I can multitask by listening as I work.