Lucy is a HLAW Ambassador and amazing woman who has had to overcome everything from learning to walk again after a bad accident to dealing with blood clots. Not only is she an incredible example of persistence but she’s also the editor of our magazine.
You can follow Lucy’s adventures on her website:
Enjoy the show!
- 6:00 The moment Lucy became a real hiker.
- 11:00 On blood clots.
- 14:00 What Lucy did when a doctor told her that she wouldn’t live through the night.
- 18:00 What happens when Lucy’s lung collapses.
- 21:00 Her Grandfather’s dying words to her.
- 23:45 “You were given this mountain to show others that it can be conquered.”
- 25:00 On the doctor’s orders to wear a helmet when she hikes.
- 31:00 Why she’s proud to hike in a helmet.
- 34:30 On her upcoming wedding.
Sponsors & Such:
Every Saturday you can tune in for a new interview with an inspiring outdoor woman.
To listen to the show on iTunes click here.
To listen to the show on Stitcher click here.
To listen to the show on Libsyn click here.
To listen to the show on YouTube click here.
The Hike Like A Woman Podcast is sponsored by Audible! I love listening to audiobooks when I’m driving to and from trailheads, cleaning my house, and working out. You can support the show and get to download a free book when you sign up for a 30-day trial to Audible by clicking this link. Enjoy!
I LOVE talking to Hike Like A Woman readers. If you would like to be a guest on a future show sign up for an interview here. In the comments section drop me a little note telling me your outdoor story.
To listen and subscribe to the podcast head to Libsyn, iTunes, & Stitcher and you’re always welcome to subscribe to our newsletter for podcast news and information.