Cheryl Strayed is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling memoir Wild, and the New York Times best-selling books Brave Enough and Tiny Beautiful Things and the novel, Torch. She is also co-host of the Dear Sugars podcast and advice column.
She is an author, wife, mom, hiker, activist, world traveler and we are honored to have her as a guest on the Hike Like A Woman podcast.
Today we talk about her experience on the Pacific Crest Trail, the book Wild and so much more.
I hope you enjoy our conversation, just click “play” below to listen.
- 3:40 Rebecca’s big confession
- 7:00 On being vulnerable
- 8:40 How to deal with a critic
- 13:00 Alone in a room with a big, big pack
- 19:00 The success of the book Wild
- 22:00 I love you
- 24:00 What the PCT taught Cheryl
- 26:00 Calculated risk
- 29:00 The death of Charlotte Fox
- 33:00 Following dreams despite financial hardship
- 38:00 Squashing negative thoughts
- 40:00 How to tackle the MF shit out of life
- 43:00 Teaching her kids about sex and their bodies
- 48:00 The importance of telling stories
- 49:00 The best thing Wild did for the outdoor community
Today’s show was funded by the Hike Like A Woman members. To support the show join our Patreon community. Learn more here: https://www.patreon.com/hikelikeawoman
Next month our adventure book club is reading Wild!!! Join the free group here.